Healthcare In School
At Lickey End First School we want to ensure your child feels safe and cared for at all times. We are sensitive to all those trips and slips and times of being unwell and needing a little extra support. We also ensure that we can support as fully as possible any diagnosed conditions or long term illnesses.
To enable this and to meet our statutory health and safety obligations we have carefully thought out first aid, medication in school and intimate care policies.
- We always call you if we have any concerns about your child's health
- We have 5 qualified first aiders to cover in school needs as well as accompany trips and events
- You will always know if your child has sustained a minor injury through our wristband notification system
- Our first aiders can administer most medications on receipt of a request form
- Any recommended training to support diagnosed conditions will be accessed
- If intimate care is required we are always sensitive to the child's feelings and will let you know straight away.